Search This Blog

Monday, 27 January 2014

This week and weekend


Its shaping up to be a busy week despite having a very productive weekend!  I need to this week:

  • Finish George’s scarf
  • Sort out craft room
  • Organise projects for Sat for me and Ellie
  • Knit 2 chickens
  • Cut and sew 2 squares (have done 4 blocks and the cutting for another 6 already)
  • Knit me a hat!  Something thick and cosy to keep me warm now the weather has dropped!  Ooh shall have to have a rummage in the craft room and see what lovely wool I can find.
Hmm do I have time this month to make a super sized basket for my wool/shelving unit?  I love baskets and I desperately need some more containers for wool.  Ooh and maybe some more smaller tubs for putting fabric scraps in/small bits and pieces??  Hmmmmm!  Think this is typical Karen trying to take on far more than I can actually cope with.  I will add it to the bottom of the list and only if everything else gets finished will I start this project (yeah right!)

  1. 8 squares completed for charity blanket for the African hospital (got fabric and pattern)
  2. Start crochet blanket for Fiona's baby (got all the wool and pattern)
  3. 10 Chickens (28 Feb) (got fluffy yellow wool and pattern)
  4. 2 (of 6) Easter bunnies (April) (got wool for 3 girl bunnies)
  5. Bag for Sam's birthday (13 Feb) (got black and white wool, handles and pattern)
  6. 3 crochet hanging hearts for mothers day (30th March) (got wool and pattern)
  7. Warm winter hat for me!
  8. Finish girl's summer bags (birthdays - April/July)
  9. 2 more Fattys for Mum and Nan (30 March) (got wool for Mum's.  See if have any wool for Nan's - maybe she could have a mini one?)
  10. Finish red heart for Valentines day for Andy/me (14 Feb)
  11. Crochet baskets for me
  12. Manly Alzheimer blanket (got fabric and activity bits) - save for April (need to prioritise hospital blanket as there is an actual deadline for this to be ready by)

I am going to start logging my workout details as well so that I can keep track of what I am doing and when!
  • Run 2.5 miles (easy) - Mon am
  • Run 4 miles (faster) - Wed am
  • Run 3 miles (intervals) - Thurs am
  • Run 10 miles (long) - Sat
  • Swim - Tues am
  • Do an aerobics class - Mon lunch
  • Do a Pilates class - Thurs lunch
9 more weeks until Brighton marathon!!!! 
Oh my god!  Am starting to freak out – my longest run so far has been 8 miles and it was awful!  Was supposed to do 10 miles at the weekend and instead I did nothing – not good!  Ok last week is behind me and I’m now starting a brand new week.  I am going to work on strength for the next few weeks to get my legs stronger (the problem with this is that it makes my legs extremely sore and tired which makes it harder to run but am hoping that after a few weeks it will get better!)  I have a half marathon on 23rd Feb and I’m hoping that I will be able to do the 13.1 miles relatively ok but that will depend on how the training goes for the next couple of weeks. 

My race plan is to take it steady and to run 2 miles and then walk to 25 mins – this should mean that it will take me 2 hours 40mins to finish the half and 5 hours 20 mins to finish the full marathon.  So far in training the first few miles have been ok but then it has been harder to make it to the next 2 miles without walking again.  I think, however, my routes have not helped as they are either very hilly or off road and very muddy and slippery.  I am also hoping that a gentle warm will make all the difference and will mean that I don’t have to stop and stretch like I have been doing so far in my first couple of miles – I haven’t tried this yet but am going to this weekend and see if this helps at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment